Last updated: April 25, 2023
Thank you for visiting Aha! Parenting.com.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this website, AhaParenting.com, including the advertising served on this website.
- In e-mail or any other contact between you and AhaParenting or Dr. Laura Markham
- When you purchase any products or courses from us through this website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Any third party (including affiliates), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link from or be accessible from AhaParenting.com.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, please do use this website.
Please note that this policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of this website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
Our Privacy Promise
- We promise to collect, use and store any personal data you give us in a safe and secure way.
- We promise to only use your personal data for the specific purposes stated.
Collection of Information
- Your address and name if given for a purchase are considered confidential information and are not used for any other purpose.
- Transactional Data. All Payment processing on our Site is handled by our payment services providers, Stripe and Chargebee. AhaParenting.com does not ever have access to your full credit card information. The Transactional Data may include your contact details, your card details and the transaction details. The transaction data may be processed for the purpose of supplying the purchased goods and services and keeping proper records of those transactions. Transaction data is only collected and used by our payment services providers to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds. You can find information about the payment services providers' privacy policies and practices at Stripe or Chargebee.
- We may collect your email address, but only if you voluntarily provide it to us. This may occur, for example, if you sign up to receive an email newsletter, purchase a course, audio or ebook, or enter a promotion. We will use your email address to deliver courses and products, send you the Aha! Parenting newsletter, and also from time to time to send you emails regarding the Site or other products or services that we believe may be of interest to you. You may opt out of all email communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of every the email. Your email address will be shared with the technology provider we use (Mailchimp, Substack) in connection with the purposes for which you provided it, such as sending you the Aha! Parenting newsletter. If you are a resident of a country in the European Economic Area (EEA), please refer to the section below entitled “Additional Rights of EEA Residents.”
- We may collect other information from you when you register with our Site in order to use various features. Such information could include your name, email address and password. This information is never shared.
- If you voluntarily send other personally identifiable information (such as names, email addresses, ages of children, descriptions of problems by advice seekers), your information will never be used in any personally identifiable way. If you send an unsolicited or solicited testimonial or appreciation of Aha! Parenting, Dr. Laura Markham, or her services, it may be posted on the website.
- Our website uses automatic data collection technologies to monitor information regarding users' internet connections, equipment used to access our website, and usage details.
We may collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on AhaParenting.com. This includes information provided when subscribing to our newsletters, posting material, requesting further services or purchasing a product or course. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us or when you report a problem with our website.
- Information you provide, including audio and video recordings, when you participate in online discussions, webinars, and workshops at AhaParenting.com.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys and contests.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website, or through third-party websites or services we use for processing the information.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the website associated with a product or course that we offer.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our website, including pages visited, traffic data, and the resources that you access and use on the website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
- Your search queries on the website.
This data helps us to improve the user experience at AhaParenting.com and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Troubleshoot problems with forms and other website features.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. Please note that blocking cookies may have a negative impact on the functions of many websites, including our Site. Some features of the Site may cease to be available to you. The methods for refusing cookies vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
(a) https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
(b) https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox);
(c) http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera);
(d) https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
(e) https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac (Safari); and
(f) https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
This Site is affiliated with CMI Marketing, Inc., d/b/a Raptive (“Raptive”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site, and Raptive will collect and use certain data for advertising purposes. To learn more about Raptive’s data usage, please click here: Raptive
Additional Rights of EEA (European Economic Area) Residents
If you are a resident of a country in the EEA, you have the rights, among others, to:
(i) access your personal data
(ii) ensure the accuracy of your personal data
(iii) the right to have us delete your personal data
(iv) the right to restrict further processing of your personal data, and
(v) the right to complain to a supervisory authority in your country of residence in the event that data is misused
If you believe that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by written notice to us addressed to the following: DrLauraMarkham@AhaParenting.com, P.O. Box 1176 Blue Hill ME 04614 USA, 917-482-6105.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present this website and all its features to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To notify you about changes to our website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To our subsidiaries, partners and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business, including payment processors.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
Children Under the Age of 13
AhaParenting.com is not intended for children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13, please do not use or provide any information on this website or on or through any of its features, make any purchases through the website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us.
Privacy Contact Information
All emails and newsletters from this site allow you to opt out of further mailings.